Hi, I'm Amyrlin and my mom is making me post on this blog all summer so yeah. Here's my first post I guess. Me and my sister Bailey made up a dance and we are going to be doing it at every place we stay, but she demanded to let her post it so yeah now I have nothing to post 🙄 Here is a pic of me and my brother to start off the trip Anyways I guess that all I was supposed to do so byeeee🤪🤪
We're on the road! By some miracle* we actually got all our stuff together and got out the door today. We only drove back to the house once! And that was for a pillow that we probably could have lived without. We're actually off to a bit of a staggered start as my husband is already in Atlanta, and we picked my son up from his last day of school on our way out of town. I'm not sure if that means he started the road trip early (8:00am when I dropped him at school) or late (We left the house at 3:20 to pick him up at 4:00), but either way, we all left town together. The road trip started off at a crawl as we sat in traffic for the first 90ish minutes. We finally made it out of town and put a few miles behind us before stopping in Lindale, TX for some Mexican food. We had a gift card to Posado's , so we took advantage of $9.99 enchilada plate night and had a bunch of delicious freshly made tortillas too. We're spending our first night at a Quality Inn in Bossier City...
So last night's hotel experience was the stuff of nightmares. Not a true horror nightmare, but a nightmare light of sorts. The hotel was hot and crowded. The kids tried to swim, but the pool was overrun with a church group of yelling kids, some drunk guys with cases of beers, tons of families with little kids, and who knows who all else. The workout room was packed, people smoked a variety of things out every door, and getting an elevator too forever. Our room of 5 people received two towels and at one point I had to make an emergency toilet paper run to the front desk. Amidst all this chaos we needed to get some sleep for today's 9 hour drive. The noisy, packed hallways didn't empty until far too late in the night. The church kids burned some popcorn resulting in a stench in the hallway and about 10 rooms of kids emptying out of their rooms to check it out. The one poor chaperone seemed confused and did nothing to shush them. The room across the hall from us remained propp...
Comments
Post a Comment